Call for Green Ideas 2017 national competition
Partners Albania announces the call for Green Ideas 2017 national competition.
The aim of the “Green Ideas” competition is to support business initiatives that promote social inclusion, through integration and employment, and local economic development through environmentally friendly ideas.
- It’s a green idea in embryonic phase or in the initial phase of implementation;
- If the applying entity is not a civil society organization, the entrepreneurship must be categorized as small business venture.
- If the applicant is an individual, he/she should contemplate (anticipate) in the business plan the type of legal registration of the project – idea.
- The project idea aims the sustainable development of environment through creation of job opportunities and/or higher income;
- The project idea is in line with the main activity of the entity which applies;
- The project idea is entirely based on use of local resources;
- The project idea is based on a detailed business plan and is environment friendly;
- The project idea mobilizes the work and expertise of local recourses and makes use of their traditional abilities;
- The project idea has a plan on how to grow the activity and financial sustainability;
- The applying entity must show that has information or has performed an evaluation of local market showing the existing need; knows its competitors` and its idea presents competitive advantages;
- The project idea will support revitalization of traditional local economies and link among people and community.
- The applying entities are eligible to receive funding from this competition not more than once in two years.
Who can apply:
The competition is open to:
Civil society organizations;
Small business ventures.
The grant will support green project ideas for no longer than one year and with maximum funding of no more than 800.000 ALL.
Co-financing from alternative sources is encouraged.
The required documents:
- A project proposal in line with all the above mentioned criteria;
- A detailed business plan of the project idea accompanied by the cash flow;
- A document certifying the legal status of the applicant entity (Court registration and TIN);
- For individual applicants, in case their idea wins, before the signing of the contract they should registered as a non -profit organizations or small business according the legal legislation in place.
Format and language:
The presentation of the project idea needs to be in line with the criteria presented in the call, attached to a detailed budget. The budget should be presented in the form of a business plan where will be listed all costs requested to be covered by the Green Ideas grant and co-financing if there is any, for a one-year period.
The language for presenting the project idea is Albanian.
Information on submission deadlines:
The deadline for sending applications is May 3rd, 2017
The application can be submitted electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail / hand delivered to our office:
Partners Albania for Change and Development, Rr:”Sulejman Delvina”, N.18, H.8, Ap.12; PO Box 2418/1, Postal code 1022, Tirana
Partners Albania will release a second announcement about the date of the competition.
The selection process will be conducted by a jury of experts from economic, environment, business and justice field.
The evaluation process will be conducted in two phases:
- The first phase will consist in the selection of the ideas that fulfill the application criteria, selection to be made by Partners Albania;
- The second phase will consist in selection of three best ideas by the Jury of experts, as part of an open public competition. This selection will be based in the pre-selection list from the first phase.
Three winning ideas will be automatically part of the regional competition organized by Rockefeller Brothers Fund and Partners Albania, in Montenegro, in July 2017.
Orientation sessions calendar:
To assist all interested applicants, Partners Albania will organize online orientation sessions about the procedures and application process. The following is the online sessions calendar:
- 11 April 2017, at 10.30
- 13 April 2017, at 10.30
- 18 April 2017, at 10.30
- 20 April 2017, at 10.30
To participate in the orientation sessions, express your interest by sending an email to email@example.com
All winners at national and regional level will sign a contractual relationship as part of this financing, where will be clearly defined the reporting requirements according to indicators set in the project idea and the funding agreement.