Call for Expression of Interest – “EMBRACE – Entrepreneurship Models Building Relations and Creative Economy”
Partners Albania starts the implementation of the innovative 36-months project “EMBRACE – Entrepreneurship Models Building Relations and Creative Economy” which is designed to contribute to the enhancement of social economy fostering inclusive development in the country. The project will create successful models of sustainable social enterprises and will promote the improvement of their legal and practical operating environment.
The initiative will provide a significant contribution through the following components:
- Capacity development for CSOs – a tailor-made program of training sessions and mentoring process will enhance capacities of 45 CSOs (15/year) on the development of alternative sources of financing and productive relationships with businesses/other clients to diversify income streams to support their sustainability.
- Social entrepreneurship innovation Sub-granting scheme – around 20 CSOs will be provided with financial support and capacity building activities to start innovative social entrepreneurship ideas, or to strengthen exiting ideas that contribute to increased social inclusion and economic development of the local communities.
- International networking for sub-grantees – the awarded sub-grantees will be informed on funding and partnership opportunities during the on-line business exchanges with an international experts network.
- Advocacy for policy change – development of concrete proposals and recommendations for improvements in the legal and regulatory framework for CSOs and social enterprises.
- International Conference on social entrepreneurship – enhancement of a constructive dialogue through engagement of all the stakeholders at the level of state, private sector, social entrepreneurs etc. for the creation of a supportive environment for the establishment and operation of social enterprises.
- Networking and partnership between CSOs and business community – organisation of public events which will serve as a great opportunity for CSOs to create connections and networking with business sector; to explore business models for their services/products and to generate incomes contributing to their financial sustainability.
- Giving Circle events – live crowd funding events that will ensure financial support from private companies, individuals, or other donors, to six CSOs’ projects that aim to achieve social change.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND SELECTION OF PARTICIPANTS
PA invites all interested CSOs to apply for the capacity building program component, by completing and submitting the Questionnaire and a Motivation letter which clearly states their interest to participate in the program and action plans to implement the acquired knowledge and skills.
15 participants will be selected to attend the annual program of capacity building and other components during the year 2018.
The Expression of Interest should be sent by e-mail to Jonida Alite, Director of Training, at: email@example.com, no later than February 1st, 2018.
Only the selected organisations will be notified within the first week of February 2018, and will be provided more detailed information on the program and their participation.
The project “EMBRACE – Entrepreneurship Models Building Relations and Creative Economy” is implemented by Partners Albania for Change and Development in partnership with Project Ahead (Italy), and funded by the European Union through the Delegation of the European Union to Albania.