Job Vacancy at Partners Albania
Position Title: Grants Manager
Location: Tirana, Albania
Organization: Partners Albania for Change and Development (Partners Albania)
Employment Type: Full time permanent position
Partners Albania is an independent Albanian NGO established in 2001, working to support civil society and facilitate inter-sector cooperation in order to strengthen democratic institutions and advance economic development.
Partners Albania is a member of Partners Global, a partnership of 22 independent, local organizations in Europe, the Americas, Africa and the Middle East working for peaceful and democratic change.
Partners Albania is seeking a Grants Manager who will be responsible for the financial and sub-contract management of grants under PA projects. S/He will be responsible to conduct grants orientation activities for interested organizations; manage grants selection processes in full compliance with donor and Partners Albania rules and procedures; monitor implementation of grant activities; provide technical support to grant recipients, as well as responsible for key aspects of project cycle management, including: needs assessments in sectors targeted by the Civil Society program, project proposal development, project management, outreach, reporting and coordination.
The Grants Manager should carry out the responsibilities described below independently, with minimum supervision, but also in the context of a professional project team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Take overall responsibility for project’s grants management and project’s administration working closely with the Director of Programs.
- Manage the projects under the Civil Society Development Programmatic area and coordinate the activities with the third parties for the flawless execution of projects;
- Develop project proposals and ensure that all projects are implemented on-time, within the scope and within budget;
- Coordinate adequate planning, implementation, evaluation of the projects assigned, and prepare periodic reports indicating progress towards expected results, and propose plans of action;
- Maintain regular contacts and cultivate partnership in relation to project management with key national and international stakeholders, including relevant ministries, the parliament, associations of local and regional authorities in Albania, municipalities, NPOs, media, international organizations and international aid agencies operating in the field of local governance and decentralization;
- Coordinate with the Director of Programs for the strategic development of the programmatic area and fundraising initiatives;
- Provide the Director of Programs with timely updates and briefings on the progress of the projects assigned;
- Assemble, supervise and coordinate project staff;
- Develop a professional relationship with external project staff and monitor their contractual obligations;
- Contribute to other programmatic areas of the organization and office management as appropriate;
- Contribute to information sharing and development of joint initiatives with Partners network and other networks where the organization adheres;
- Master’s degree in Economy field, particularly, finance, accounting, business administration plus at least 3-5 years of working experience;
- Working experience with the civil society organizations in Albania required; experience in other sectors preferable;
- Proven working experience in grants management, project proposal writing, project management, including project financial management, monitoring and reporting;
- Working experience in the management of EU-funded projects;
- Working experience in capacity building activities/trainings, multi-stakeholder process facilitation, and research;
- Solid organizational, analytical skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills – able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills and teamwork abilities;
- Computer skills (Windows, MS Office programs – Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc., Internet/Email, database management etc.);
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in Albanian and English languages;
- Albanian citizenship.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Proposed Start Time: May 2018
Please send a cover letter indicating your interest in the position, CV, copy of the diploma, three references and contact information for references to:
Partners Albania for Change and Development
Rruga: Sulejman Delvina, N.18, H.8, Ap. 12, Njësia Bashkiake 5,
1022, Tiranë, Shqipëri, Kutia Postare (PO Box) 2418/1
Tel. Fax 04 2254881
The deadline for submission of applications is March 25, 2018
Partners Albania will contact only those applicants who will be invited for interviews or to request additional information.
Partners Albania embraces diversity in its hiring, welcoming individuals of all religions, ethnicity, gender, and orientation to apply.