The winners of Philanthropy Awards 2018
Partners Albania organized on the evening of 22nd February, the gala ceremony where were announced the winners of Philanthropy Awards 2018.
Since 2011, Partners Albania organizes the Philanthropy Awards, a nationwide public competition to express appreciation and gratitude to individuals, families, and businesses who contribute to improving the quality of life in our society.
In the presence of distinguished guests from the Albanian government and members of Albanian Parliament, representatives of diplomatic bodies accredited in Albania, international institutions and donor agencies, representatives of the business sector, nonprofit organizations and media, were presented the Philanthropy Awards 2018 to:
- The Award for Contribution at National Level was granted to Trans Adriatic Pipeline with motivation: For continuous contribution and engagement in support of the sustainable development of communities, including among others the construction of the kindergarten in Pashalli village, and school “Llukë Mita” in Ura Vajgurore Municipality, as well as the reconstruction of the “Gjon Milli” museum building in Korça. The award was presented by Ms. Senida Mesi, Member of the Albanian Parliament.
- The Award for Contribution at Local Level was granted to ANTEA Cement SH. A. with motivation: For continuous contribution to improve the life of communities in some administrative units in the Municipalities of Kruja and Kurbin, through interventions in infrastructure, health, innovation and social services. The award was presented by Ms. Mia Vukojevic, Program Director of Western Balkans of Rockefeller Brothers Fund.
- The Award for Individual Contribution was granted to Mr. Alfred Muharremi, with motivation: For special support to children and young people without parental care, whom as their representative, advocates to ensure them social protection, education, and employment, as well as for creating a positive model for this community and for the whole Albanian society. The award was presented by Mr. Mario Mariani, Head of Cooperation of EU Delegation in Albania.
- Special Award “Pioneer of Philanthropy” was granted to Ali Adil Agjah Bej Biçakçiu (posthumously), with motivation: For the outstanding contribution to the development of the Albanian national education, marking the first philanthropic case in Albania to donate all the wealth for the education. The award was presented by Ms. Ema Andrea, Albanian actress.
- Certificate of Appreciation was granted to Mrs. Liljana Luani, with motivation: “For the valuable contribution and the precious, untiring work of more than fifteen years in the education and schooling of children isolated from the phenomenon of blood feuds, which with her dedication and personal investment, gives these children hope for the future”. The Certificates of Appreciation was presented by Mr. Selami Xhepa, Dean of the Faculty of Economy, Business and Development at the European University of Tirana.
A photo gallery from this event is available in this link.