VACANCY at LevizAlbania – Monitoring, Evaluation & Civil Society Manager
VACANCY: Monitoring, Evaluation & Civil Society Manager
Location: Tirana, Albania
Employment Type: Full time employment
Starting Date of Assignment: February 2019
Application deadline: 15 January 2019
“LevizAlbania” (LA) is a project funded by the Swiss Embassy and implemented by three Albanian organizations, Open Society Foundation for Albania (OSFA), Partners Albania and Co-PLAN. First phase of the project is implemented from July 2015 to June 2019, while the second phase covers the period July 2019-June 2023. LevizAlbania is an innovative project designed to have a catalytic effect on local democracy in Albania. It will enhance local democracy by cultivating a locally rooted, demand-driven and influential civil society at sub-national level across the country.
Monitoring, Evaluation & Civil Society Manager (ME& CS M) has to skillfully manage the monitoring and evaluation system with well-defined results, milestones and targets for the implementation of granted projects, with specific reference to the LevizAlbania mission. She/he is responsible for Civil Society and also gender mainstreaming component of the project, serving as gender focal point of LevizAlbania.
Responsibilities/Duties (Summary of key functions)
On M&E component:
- Manages LevizAlbania M&E processes;
- Ensures the implementation of the M&E system and periodically reports on the state of play;
- Develops LevizAlbania annual monitoring plan in close collaboration with Grant Managers;
- Responsible for the completion and analyse of the project evaluation assessment (LevizAlbania Barometer);
- Analyzing data recommends lessons learnt and follow up based on grantees narrative reports;
- Responsible to identify, develop and promote the best practices and lessons learnt, directly linked or resulted by the project’ activity;
- Work closely and complementary with Short Term International/National expert in their M&E missions.
On Civil Society component:
- Ensures effective management of the civil society component of the project;
- Coordinates all activities related to the CSOs component of the project;
- Responsible for planning and organizing the CSOs idea competition scheme;
- Offers professional guidance to LevizAlbania grantees and fellows on development strategies and capacity building;
- Contributes to synergy-building among LevizAlbania grantees and fellows and broader CSO stakeholders working in the area of democratic governance;
- Substantively cooperates and is proactive with regard to the directions and mechanisms of the project’s grant scheme in close cooperation with other assigned colleagues;
- Makes sure and is collaborative that the Civil Society Grant Scheme is well designed to meet the project needs;
- Nurture broader partnerships in the areas of democratic governance;
- Maintains a robust and healthy relationship between the Project Management, CSO partners and local authorities;
- Identifies and enriches sources of information related to civil society and local democratization issues;
- Works closely with local media for better reaching out the community and multiplying the grantee’s results in close collaboration with Media and Communication expert.
On Gender Mainstreaming component:
- Ensures the implementation of the Gender Mainstreaming Policy by LA;
- Reports progress on gender mainstreaming as part LA’s annual reporting to the donor;
- Orient and assist the grantee on Gender Mainstreaming policy of LA.
- Advanced university degree (Masters) related to public policy or public management, such as Political Science, economics, law and other social sciences.
- At least 5 years of working experience in strategic planning, project management and Monitoring & Evaluation System.
- Proven experience in planning and implementing CSOs activities in relation to democratic process and partnership-building;
- Ability to prepare high quality policy briefs, analytical reports, and technical research reflecting the activity and capacity of Civil Society and other actors with regard to CS role, its inclusion & participation and also good practices in democratic governance;
- Proven track record of advising, organizing and supervising public awareness activities partnering with CSOs, including that of CSOs capacity-building projects;
- Ability to work harmoniously with people from different cultural backgrounds;
- Resourcefulness, good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with and between different levels and types of project personnel and counterparts;
- Excellent PC user skills: word processing, spreadsheets, databases and web-based research.
- Strong skills in written communications in English particularly in preparing issue-based papers and/or reports;
- Excellent spoken English is also required.
The application should include a cover letter and the CV in English. Other supporting documents are welcomed. The application should arrive not later than 15 January 2019 via email to: email@example.com.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
LevizAlbania is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested groups without any discrimination!