Winners of the second round of grants – EMBRACE project
Partners Albania signed the contracts with the winners from the second open Call for Proposals under the “EMBRACE: Entrepreneurship Models Building Relations and Creative Economy project.
- “Arka e Rinisë” implemented by Consulting and Development Partners, Shkodër. The initiative aims to contribute to the long-term sustainability of the ARKA Youth Center, through increasing incomes and the employment of youngsters by introducing new products in the kitchen and bar and optimizing the use of the premises by making some interventions. Through the increase of income, the organization will support youth activities, young talents and vulnerable groups and communities.
- “MamiCare” implemented by The Mother and Child Hospital Foundation, Tiranë. The MamiCare concept comes to Albania for the first time and aims primarily at creating a sustainable (to some extent pilot) model in the education and physical exercise of pregnant women in Albania. Essentially, MamiCare will operate as an exclusive prenatal gym and perinatal education centre. In addition, with a secondary focus on delivering an innovative premium parent-to-child service that promotes optimal baby development through quality parent-child activities.
- “Artisans on web – Innovative Sustainable Development Approach” implemented by TID Kruja, Krujë. The aim of the initiative is the financial empowerment of Kruja’s artisans through the creation of a web platform for the online sale of Kruja’s “Old Bazaar” artisan handicraft products.
- “Loom, tradition and employment for women and girls in need” implemented by Vizion OJF, Dibër. This initiative aims to empower girls and women in the Dibra area through self-employment by utilizing craftwork on the loom. Through purchasing a new loom and several raw materials accompanied with complementary activities, the production capacity of the shop “Traditë Dibrane” will be enhanced in quantity and quality.
- “New Opportunities for Sustainable Tourism Development in Përmet – (APP – Tour)” implemented by Vjosa Explorer, Përmet. The main aim is to increase the number of tourists in Përmet district. More specifically, the initiative will improve the access to tourist information in rural areas of Permet district, through creating a mobile application. In addition, the organization will build the capacities of tourism service providers in rural areas of Përmet.
- “Social Initiative Education for All (E4All)” implemented by Women Democracy Network. The initiative consists in the creation of an after-school education center aiming to increases the knowledge and skills of children through formal and non-formal education. The program will involve children belonging to families in poverty, who will receive the service gratis, without any fee.
From the signing of agreements with the implementing organizations
The project “EMBRACE – Entrepreneurship Models Building Relations and Creative Economy” aims to contribute to the development of social economy fostering inclusive development in the country. It is implemented by Partners Albania for Change and Development in partnership with Project Ahead (Italy), and funded by the European Union through the Delegation of the European Union in Albania.