Activities of the National Resource Centre for Civil Society in Albania
National Resource Centre for Civil Society in Albania is a platform of information and service provision which contributes to the strengthening of civil society’s capacities to be more effective, transparent, accountable and independent actors and to the creation of an enabling environment for the civil society, participatory democracy and the integration process of Albania into the European Union. The establishment of the Centre is in continuity to a dedicated work for many years of Partners Albania, in support of the strengthening of the civil society sector and other stakeholders in the county.
The Centre main office is in Tirana and has two other regional offices in Shkodra and Vlora, to ensure wider territorial coverage of the country with its activities and services.
The main functions of the Centre are:
- Provision of information and services (help desk) for the sector and all stakeholders and interested partners for developments in the civil society sector;
- Networking for CSOs at local, national, regional level and beyond;
- Strengthening of the capacities of civil society in Albania through training, assistance, exchange, etc;
- Support for the improvement of the governance of civil society organizations to be more effective, accountable and transparent, as well as for the improvement of the image, public and stakeholders’ trust in the sector;
- Improve the networking and advocacy skills and facilitate of advocacy and political dialogue processes, for greater and more effective participation in policymaking, as well as in the policy implementation and monitoring at the local and national level.