JOB VACANCY / LEVIZALBANIA
LevizAlbania’s Project Team Leader / Project Manager
Location: Tirana, Albania
Employment Type: Full Time
Contract duration: 1 year (with possibility of extension up to 2 years)
Application deadline: 1 May 2016
“LevizAlbania”(LA) is an initiative funded by the Swiss Embassy and implemented by three Albanian organizations, Open Society Foundation for Albania (OSFA), Partners Albania and Co-Plan. LevizAlbania is an innovative project designed to have a catalytic effect on local democracy in Albania. It will enhance local democracy by cultivating a locally rooted, demand-driven and influential civil society at sub-national level across the country. At the same time, it will undertake strategic projects and national-level advocacy to enable an environment for an improved and sustained local democracy.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of LevizAlbania project ensuring consistency with Embassy of Switzerland & Consortium (Project Facilitation Unit/PFU) strategy.
Manage the overall performance of the project including human resource management and supervision, financial controlling and quality assurance, the design and coordination of work plan; the interface with PFU / Embassy of Switzerland / donors and 3rd parties. She/he is the Project’s authority responsible & in charge for all public & multimedia communications. Provides strategic leadership with regard to all project components, lead the decision making process with regard to the Demand-driven Grants and Strategic & Enabling Instrument.
Responsible for managing day-to-day planning, implementation and problem-solving to ensure the Project team achieves their daily goals in activity productions and/or services. Responsible for activity planning and overseeing those activities are completed successfully, within the given deadline. Document all aspects of the specific activities the project is developing and working on. Work closely with upper management to make sure that the scope and direction of project is on schedule.
Responsibilities/Duties (Summary of key functions)
- Lead the planning and implementation of project
- It is the official person for all project’s communications with upper management, partners & stakeholders
- Responsible to develop and maintain partnership and good relations with media and other means of public communication
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define project tasks and resource requirements
- Develop full scale project plans
- Assemble and coordinate project staff
- Manage project budget
- Manage project resource allocation
- Plan and schedule project timelines
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Provide direction and support to project team
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- Supervise project evaluations and assessment of results
- Suggest if necessary new policies and modifications in order to reform the nature of work
- Develop good relations with his/her colleagues and motivate them to do well by appreciating their good performances
- Being a team leader / manager has to maintain confidentiality
- Responsible for establishing easy communication between the employees and the higher authority
- In case of emergency, should be able to solve problems for team members
- It is primary duty to participate in meetings, discussions, project site visits, workshops and hearings.
The candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree (educational requirements may vary widely) and several years of experience as a manager or supervisor in a relevant field. Advanced university degree (Masters) related to democratic governance and development, such as Political Science, economics, law and other social sciences.
- Years of direct work experience in project management capacity
- Long proven experience in human resources management
- Proven experience in strategic planning
- Experience in risk management
- Demonstrated skills in influencing & leading, negotiation & delegation
- Proven experience in change management
- Good work record on decision-making, communication skills, team work
- A distinguish record on know how & involvement with CSOs and civic initiatives
- Skilled in delegating, monitoring and accomplishment.
Strong skills in written communications in English particularly in preparing issue-based papers and/or reports. Excellent spoken English is also required.
The application should include a cover letter and the CV in English. Other supporting documents are welcomed. The application should arrive not later than 1 May 2016 via email to: email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
LEVIZAlbania is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested groups without any discrimination!
For more information contact via: firstname.lastname@example.org or Landline: +355 44 500 153